Kern Fund Advisory Board Nominations
updated December 3rd, 2021
The Carl B. Kern Fund of The Dayton Foundation is currently accepting nominations for positions
on the Kern Fund Advisory Board. If you are interested
in serving on the Advisory Board or know of a good candidate whom you would like to nominate
(with his/her permission), please contact Advisory Board Chair Stuart Weinberg at email@example.com
What is the Kern Fund Advisory Board looking for? A person with...
- ... a historical interest in YMCA Camp Kern and its founder, Carl B. Kern.
- ... a passion for the institution of organized camping and the impact it has on children and staff.
- ... a commitment to the purpose, operation, independence, and continuity of the Fund as outlined in the original Fund Agreement.
Major Responsibilities & Expectations
- Participate in one (1) annual meeting, either in person or remotely as determined by the Chair.
- Respond to emails related to Fund activities in a timely manner, including yearly discussion and approval of Fund distribution amount.
- Serve an initial 3-year minimum term, with potential renewals thereafter.
- Explore opportunities to promote the Fund using existing resources (this website, slides,
annual reports, Facebook)
- Consider periodic financial support.
- Consider attendance if feasible at Camp Kern's annual Strawberries and Ice Cream event for the Kern Fund distribution presentation.
- Fulfill additional responsibilities as outlined in the approved By-Laws of the Advisory Board.
- Time commitment per year: less than 10 hours.
- An existing and/or previous association with YMCA Camp Kern spanning at least 10 years (with the exception of Kern relatives).
- A healthy (or even unhealthy) dose of Kern Blood.
- An active email address.